Batman vs Superman

 Hello my Ravens. No, this is not going to be about the upcoming movie in which admittedly I know very little about and no, this isn't about who would win in a fight. I just got through watching the original Tim Burton Batman film, which I believe is a masterpiece. The next book I will have coming out next year is my stab at creating a Superhero and that makes watching Superhero movies all the more special. I believe there are mainly two types of people. There are Batman people and there are Superman people. I'm far from an expert on either, but I know a lot more of the Batman lore. As I said in an earlier entry, I had never really read any comics until i began reading the Fables series earlier this year, so there is a ton I don't know about. What i do know is from various TV shows, cartoons, movies and videogames. I have always been a Batman person, but I had a friend in School that was die hard Superman. Don't get me wrong, Superman is an incredible character and a legend and I get chills when I see him flying and they play the Superman theme. However I was always more drawn to darker things and that describes Batman. Dark and mysterious. I also believe if you named the top ten all time comic book villains that half of them would be from Batman. His series has always had the most intriguing and variety of villains including my all time favorite, The Scarecrow. I'm reminded of my Jason Voorhees vs Michael Meyers blog where I said if you ask which one is the best, in all likelyhood it will be split 50/50 down the middle. I think the biggest turnoff to Superman for many people is that he's too perfect. Yes, he has weaknesses to Kryptonite and I think I heard magic one time? Feel free to correct me or add to this. But, he is faster than a speeding bullet, can leap tall buildings in a single bound, he has laser and X-Ray vision, he can fly and he has freezing breath. That's a lot of goodies to contend with. Batman is a little more down to earth (No pun intended.) and more human. A lot more can hurt batman including bullets and falling off a building, so having him fight a mega villain can be a lot more suspenseful. Then there's the one odd factor of him being a superhero, no superpowers. He can't run fast or lift ten times he weight. He can't breathe fire or shoot lightning. All of his power comes from his many neat gadgets and machinery, plus his martial art skills. No matter how tough a superhero is, I believe they have to be vulnerable in some way and cannot be perfect. They have to fall and lose on occasion. (I'm not saying Superman has not, just merely making a point.) The one thing you have to admire about Batman is that with no powers whatsoever, through the years he has become just as much of a legend as Superman and had equal popularity. Both of them are legends in their own right. I know there are many other superheroes out there. Spiderman, the avengers, X-men, The Flash, The Green arrow, Wonderwoman. Some are partial to marvel and some to DC. I will always believe though, that the two most legendary heroes are the ones I have mentioned in this piece. As I always say in these articles, these are only my opinions and are in no way meant to be taken as fact. With that said, happy reading my ravens!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are so many people turned off by Horror?

CWC Season 1 Episode 3