My Top Ten favorite Mortal Kombat Characters.

Recently I have been playing a pretend Mortal Kombat tournament with my friends on Facebook and it has inspired this entry. Now before you start cussing me and telling me I have no clue what I'm talking about, note that this is just my favorites and I am in no way saying these are the ten bests. I'll also warn you ahead of time that none of the three stars (At least from the movie stand point are on it.) Sonya is okay, but I just never really cared much for her, Johnny Cage would be my favorite of the three as the cocky smart alec and Liu Kang even though he is supposed to be the master of the game is one of my LEAST favorites. He has just always been so vanilla to me with no flash and yes I know he can turn into a dragon. On to the list!

10- Kenshi: I mainly mean the version from the newest entry, Mortal Kombat X. He isn't quite as serious as his past versions and going by his dialogue he's kind of light hearted and I love his possessed style. Plus both of his new fatalities are pretty wicked.

9- Quan Chi: Yes a very horrible villain who was really responsible for the destruction of Scorpion's family, but if you look at him objectively an overall cool character. He and Shang Tsung have always been at odds to see who the best sorcerer in the land is and I always thought Quan chi was more intelligent and cunning. Also in Mortal Kombat 4 and 9 he can rip your own leg off and beat you with it. You can't say that isn't cool!

8- Erron Black: Mortal Kombat X introduced a lot of new characters including Cassie Cage who has her Mother's beautiful looks and her Father's personality, but my favorite is gunslinger Erron Black. He has a wicked cocky personality and has a lot of neat weapons at his disposal. I'm partial to the Marksmen style that lets you use your rifle to blow away opponents. His two fatalities are pretty good. The first one while admittedly not very creative allows you to turn your opponent into Swiss cheese with your pistols. His coolest move though may be his X-Ray attack, a trick shot that has a bullet literally with your name on it and I always chuckle when you do it against Erron Black and it says "Me."

7- Kano: Do i seem like a bad person for liking all these bad guys? I've always found this cyborg to be cool and he only got better with every game. Sonya's arch enemy from the beginning he has aged well. I Love his knife toss and his head butt brutality in X. It should also be noted that many think he has one of the best all time fatalities from part 3 where he pulls your entire skeleton from your body through your mouth.......even though I can't see how that would even be possible even if you did have the strength.........

6- Mileena: Like Scorpion and Sub-zero most everyone I believe has  preference between Kitana and Mileena. I have always preferred Evil Sister in pink. She's lovably insane and has pretty awesome moves. She is probably the character I can use the best in Mortal Kombat X. Using her rolling attack to throw opponents into the air and uppercut them along with her teleport kick has led me to many flawless victories and high scores, not to mention either of these moves can be used as a Brutality for high scoring. I will also note that both of her, or I suppose now all three of her fatalities are close to being the most gruesome in the game. In one, you're ripping off your opponent's head and eating their face, In the second one you simple tear apart their mid-section piece by peace while they watch helplessly and then take a few bites.

5-Jade: Kitana's friend and guardian is next on my list. I always thought her green outfit was so cool looking and I love the way she uses her stick!......or Bo......or whatever. She can also get pretty creative with it in her fatalities. I wish she would be included in the next round of DLC, but none of the outlines look female to me, so I may be out of luck.

4-Sektor: Another character here with different colored counter parts, but I always liked his a lot better than Cyrax or Smoke, or Noob. I played with him a lot in Mortal kombat 3 and loved his Heat seeking missiles. Both of his his fatalities were cool in that game. You had the trash compacter where he crushed youd to bits and his flamethrower arm that burned you to a crisp. Even his animality was one of my favorites where he flies around as a bat before swooping to take your head off.

3-Stryker: Dear lord I know I'm going to catch heat for this one, but bear with me. Stryker has been named on many lists as one of the worst characters in the franchise and I have never understood why. He was a little plain looking in part 3, but he can shoot you and throw grenades at you! He's far from the worst character in the game play ability wise and for some reason has always been in my top three. His Fatalities in part 3 weren't terrible either. Rigging you with a bomb to blow you to bits or tasering you into a smoking heap. I do feel like they incredibly improved his look in part 9 with his swat gear. I'm hoping for a return in the DLC, but based on his popularity, once again I may be out of luck.

2-Reptile: The green acid spitter takes the silver on my list. I never played the version of part 1 that had him, but since part two I've always loved the guy. Like Jade I think he looks incredibly cool in the green. I like how throughout the series they gradually made him look more like a reptile, but I HATED his look in part 4. The 9 and X versions are very well done. Besides his cool Acid moves and creative abilities to kill you with his tongue I have always sympathized with him as well. It has to suck to be the last of your kind, or at least he is until his ending in X.

1-Scorpion: I think everyone knew one of the two mascots of the series was going to be here. As I said in another blog post about Jason Voorhees vs Michael Meyers, if asked who is the best and who would win it would be spit dang near 50/50 across the board. I'm a Scorpion guy. Yes, Sub-Zero is pretty much tied with scorpion as the most legendary character and have absolutely nothing against him, but my preference is his fiery rival. Scorpion's original fatalities is one of the most memorable as he reveals his skull to burn you to cinders. Also, who doesn't love the spear? It has become a main stay in the series and if anyone is remotely a gamer they know what you're talking about if you hold your hand up and say "Get over here!!!!"

I hope you enjoyed my list and i know each of you have your own. feel free to comment your favorites. Until next time, happy gaming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are so many people turned off by Horror?

CWC Season 1 Episode 3