My Horror

Hello my Ravens. Today I don't just want to talk about Horror, but MY Horror. I can't tell you how many times people have looked at my book covers and said "Brrr, Horror, I don't think that's for me." People tend to forget that Horror has many categories, but most people think it is only blood and guts just for the heck of it. You have Slasher Films like Friday the 13th, A Nightmare On Elm Street and Halloween. You have paranormal Horror films like Insidious, Deliver us from evil and The Rite and sometimes it can be Suspense with a paranormal twist. I believe I said in another post that I am a sucker for happy endings, which is why I wasn't crazy about Sinister. In my Horror, good is usually going to overcome evil. Many may think that my books are only full of gore and terror. Though, some of them may contain this, that isn't the only thing it contains. Yes, there is bloodshed, yes there are horrible creatures and images, yes there is death. However I ask you one question. How can somebody overcome darkness if you don't tell what the darkness is? As a writer, you can't be afraid to go into gory detail and as a reader you can't be afraid to read about dark things. People face darkness in their life every day, yet they can't turn away from it, they can only face it head on. That is what the characters in my books have to do. No matter how dark of a situation I put them in, no matter what horrible sights they see or creatures they face, they fight. I don't believe every book has a hidden meaning, but I think they do contain at least one moral or lesson. The moral of my books are no matter how dark your life becomes, you can either give up, or fight forward. Whatever horrible sights or things you may see, but you overcome them you become stronger because of it. Lastly, even if the hero in the end is a bloody mess who can barely walk, he conquered in the end. Sometimes, we must suffer in life to achieve anything that is worth achieving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are so many people turned off by Horror?

CWC Season 1 Episode 3