My top ten favorite Batman villains

Hello my Ravens! It's been  a while since I did a non-video blog post, but I was just watching a top ten Batman villains and it reminded me that I've wanted to do my own for a while. As far as I'm concerned, Batman has some of the best villains in all of the comics. Also not that this is my FAVORITES, so don't take this as the best since it's only my opinion.

10. The Riddler- We start out the list with a classic Batman villain and how much I like him determines what version I see. The Arkham video game series makes me want to beat my head into something, he's so Freaking annoying! I also never cared for Jim Carey in the role, because he made the riddler too goofy. I think the perfect version of him is in the Batman animated series. He was cunning and intelligent with a dry sense of humor.

9. Harley Quinn- Ahhh, the beautiful psychiatrist who fell in love with her patient. Her popularity has always been high, but has sky rocketed lately with the announcement of the suicide squad. She's beautiful, deadly........and completely out of her freaking mind!

8. Clay Face- This is a villain that I would love to see in a movie version of Batman. I would love to see the special effects used to turn his muddy body into so many deadly instruments to attack the Dark Knight. Also add in the fact that he can take the form of anyone and you have one formiddable bad guy!

7. Bane-  Receiving his power from a chemical called venom Bane is legendary for breaking Batman's back and nearly putting an end to him. The Batman and Robin version had him too mindless and dumb. He's better when he's somewhat intelligent. In the Dark Knight rises they took the character in a completely different direction. Many times this is a bad idea, but they nailed it with this one, everyone loved it! It was a very memorable portrayal and everyone tries to do their best impression of that voice.

6. Penguin- The short temperamental lover of birds is what I call one the four classic characters. Sometimes comical, always with a plan the Penguin is one of Batman's most formidable foes. Don't ask me how, but he has a trick umbrella to do just about anything from shoot a machine gun to fly. I also want to add that you sometimes have to pity the poor guy. I'm reminded of one particular episode in the animated series in which he was used as a joke to rich people. Also the Batman Returns version at times, garners your sympathy.

5. Catwoman- The 3rd of the classic batman villains, but I can't really bring myself to call her a villain. She's really more of an anti-hero since she fights for animal rights and seems to fight along side of Batman as much as she does against him. My favorite portrayal would have to be Michelle Pfeiffer

4. Mr.Freeze- There's something to me about a villain that you can sympathize with to me. The main reason Mr. Freeze does most everything he does is because he wants to save his wife who is in stasis dying from a disease. No matter how you feel about Arnold's version of him, I did find myself identifying with him for only wanting to get the woman he loves back.

3. Poison Ivy- This seductive red head has always been a thorn in Batman's side. (Pun completely intended.) If she can't seduce the caped crusader she can always attack him with a tree, vines or any other plant that's available. You have to admire her love of plants, but come on, don't try to replace every human with them!!! I also love the cool little crossbows on her wrist in the animated series.

2. The Joker- Gasp! This has to be a mistake right?! The Joker isn't my number 1?? No, but he does take the Silver. He is by far, not only the greatest Batman villain, but in my opinion the best villain in all of comics. Batman's enemy from the beginning you can't think of one without thinking of the other. The clown Prince of Crime is always up to something whether it's poisoning people and giving them his face or just trying to blow up Gotham into dust. Not to mention there isn't really a bad version of him out there. Jack Nicholson is the classic I grew up with, but Heath Ledger took it to a whole new level.

1. The Scarecrow- Now, if you follow my blog, you might should have seen this coming. What do I love? Scary stuff and Horror! Dr. Jonathon Crane has always been obsessed with fear and his fear toxin gives you plenty of it. He is the creepiest villain in Batman's world and I've loved him since the beginning. He was more of a random side villain for a long time, but became a main villain portrayed by Cillian Murphy in Batman begins. He really got pushed as one of the best villains in the Arkham game series. One magazine I read declared him a better enemy than the Joker in Arkham Asylum and he did have an epic role. He was nearly eaten by Killer Croc, but made his return in Arkham Knight as the top villain in the City and arguably you could say he defeated Batman. Sure, he was taken in the end and locked in a cell, but he forced Batman to show his true identity and ended the story for him.

Well, that's my list, I hope you enjoyed it! Until next time my Ravens, Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are so many people turned off by Horror?

CWC Season 1 Episode 3