Writing Signatures

I'm not talking about writing your name in cursive. I'm talking about things that can always be identified in your writing. I think all writers have at least one. Well, in my hero Dean Koontz's case there are several. LOL. You can always find a Dog (Many times a Golden Retriever), A Ford Explorer, The state of California, or someone Catholic. I just joked on my Facebook page that it has been raining 4 straight days in Alabama, we are officially trapped in one of my books. I've always loved the rain. It has always been so peaceful and beautiful to me. Every one of my books has had at least one scene where it was raining with the exception of "Snowy Pines" in which case it was snowing. I guess one other signature for me is my protagonists are usually Baptists like me. I think those are my two major ones, unless you count that in nearly every one of my books a bad guy gets punched or kicked in the crotch. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are so many people turned off by Horror?

CWC Season 1 Episode 3