Horror Videogames

Good afternoon my Ravens. Last night I talked about my favorite movies. Now I'm going to talk about my favorite Horror Videogames. I've always felt that Silent Hill and Resident Evil are the juggernauts of this category, each spawning a ton of sequels and prequels. I did a video in which I compared the two, but I will save that for another day. The First Silent Hill will always be my all time favorite horror game, because it truly scared me, plus three times I have bought a new system just to play a Silent Hill game. Joke was on me this time since Silent Hills was cancelled..... Anyway Silent Hill 2 is usually the favorite of fans of the series, but my heart still belongs to the original. Silent Hill Homecoming is probably my second favorite game. I played it to death and got 100% on the accomplishments. Some did not like this addition to the series, feeling like it just wasn't Silent Hill, but I loved the atmosphere and the story. Next up on my list is Resident evil 2. This was the first I played in the series. Once again another entry is more popular. Resident Evil 4 is a good portion of people's favorite. However, I'm partial to Leon Kennedy's first day on the job. I loved the story, the action and it's cool that you have to beat the game from his and Claire's point of view to get the true ending. Next up we have Alan Wake. Ok, this is the story of a Horror Writer living through a book he doesn't remember writing. How could I not like this???? Last of all, we have the original Dead Space.  From the opening video you have the creeps and as someone who jumps easily, I could barely go five minutes without a jump scare. This was a very well done game to me. So, what are some of your favorite? There are a ton more I like, but these are just the top of my list.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are so many people turned off by Horror?

CWC Season 1 Episode 3